Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship of Embassy Recommendation is now open for 2022.
APPLICATION OPENS SEPARATELY BY EACH JAPANESE EMBASSY/CONSULATE.
List below will be updated as the opening is officially announced.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
- Before inquiring the Japanese Embassy/consulate, please take a moment to read the basic eligibility thoroughly.
- MEXT scholarship is one of the few opportunities covering full expense hence very competitive in nature. Being eligible and having a high academic performance (GPA 2.3 or above out of 3.0) is vital.
- Submission of application should be done to the Embassy/consulate of Japan of your home country. DO NOT SUMBMIT TO MEXT. Application forms can be found here: College of Technology students, Specialized training college students, Undergraduate Students, and Research students.
- Enrollment types, screening procedure and deadlines for submission differs by the country, check the application detail on at the website of the Japanese Embassy/consulate of your home country.
- Previous years examination can be found here
- Some Japanese Embassy/Consulate are in charge of multiple countries. Do double check the submission address.
LIST: COUNTRIES ACCEPTING APPLICATION and application deadline (subject to change)
Click the country name linked to Japanese Embassy/Consulate in charge. Last update 25 May